Sunday 14 August 2011

Vintage lives...

Ok so we always get asked how much of a vintage lover are you? Does it extend to your own choice of clothes? Do you have vintage items in your home? The answer is yes we do.

Being a lover of all things vintage comes in varying degrees and we couldn't do what we do if we didn't love it!

Of course it's all about being practical in this day and age.
But Sarah @ Sarah's Vintage Wendy House has taken the time to show you a few items around her home to prove that we really have embraced all things vintage.


A recent purchase of mine that will be making it's way up to our Sheffield shop.
An original BUSH radio.


This beautiful silk kimono was given to me by a family member as a gift and no I'm not selling it!
I hate having it shoved away in my wardrobe so keep it hanging on my bedroom wall to admire everyday.
Why don't you do the same with a special dress or blouse you might have.
It's clothes art.


I had a go at decoupaging my old chest of drawers using pictures I liked from old magazines I had lying around. It's transformed this drab piece of furniture and I'm really chuffed with it.


I love beautifully packaged vintage soaps.
These ones were made in Spain and I love the paper covers including the lady in full flamenco dress.
Vintage soaps piled in a bowl in your bathroom always make a impact.


Every girl loves jewellery and has a special box to keep it in.
I use teacups and milk jugs for mine as shown above.
A cute, colourful way to show of your precious gems!


 Bought this beautiful monogrammed attache case at a car boot sale today.
This will wind it's way up to our shop but in the meantime, I will use it on my desk to keep my notepads and stationary in. Another excuse to admire it!


I love getting invitations, postcards, photos, business cards, etc so I keep them and have made a collage above my dressing table.


Always have a pile of great cookbooks in my kitchen. Some new and some vintage inspired.
They go with my powder blue kitchen cupboards.


My flatmates and I are big fans of cooking.
One of my flatmates got these cute jars to keep all our spices in.


So there you go. A few vintage finds in my own home.

- Sarah @ Sarah's Vintage Wendy House x

No comments:

Post a Comment